Friday, March 5, 2010

Silly Daddy, puking's for kids!

So, Mark had Boston yesterday morning while I was at school. He has actually had him a lot lately, since he is pretty much done with everything, and I am still playing catch-up. On my way home, I called to see how things were going. It took Mark a few tries to finally answer the phone. When he finally did answer, he seemed very frazzled and distracted. I asked him how things were going. He replies, "We are having some major issues..." OK, what is going on, I wonder? He proceeds to begin his explanation with, "Boston just had the biggest, smelliest poop ever." I laugh, knowing there must be a story. There's always a story. Turns out, Boston had just awaken from his nap. Mark goes to change his diaper, and it's completely full. Of poop. In his words, no surface was left uncovered. So he begins the wiping process and inevitably gets some poop on his hands. Now, he begins to dry heave. Boston is used to us making faces and sounds to try and get him to laugh, so he thinks this gagging is hilarious, and starts to giggle at his daddy. Mark continues trying to clean him up, but the gagging is getting the better of him (all the while, Boston is laughing). So he puts Boston in his crib, semi-clean, bare butted, and runs to the bathroom to throw up. Yep, he actually throws up. Then he goes to get Boston and realizes there is still poop on him, and now on the sheets. So he gets Boston taken care of and has to strip the crib. This is where my phone call comes in. So he then proceeds to tell me that the diaper is just sitting in the UNLINED trash basket (which is made of wicker), that he couldn't get the diaper closed all the way, and that he was not willing to go back into Boston's room to clean up because just walking in to get Boston from the crib made him gag again. Oh, my frickin' heck! Are you kidding me? So I am driving home thinking, it must have been a blow out, right? It must be really bad. When I get home, I find out it wasn't even a blow out! Just a lot of smelly poop. Wow, he obviously hasn't changed enough diapers... So I get rid of the evidence and laugh my bootie off at him. You've got to be kidding me!
So here are some pictures for you... don't worry, nothing nasty. Here is Boston sitting in his stripped-down crib. Check out his two little teeth!

I thought this picture was silly. He loves sticking his tongue out (see video below)!
Such a cute little man... gotta love the full body shot! Except that Mark hates this outfit. He says it's "girly" and that boys shouldn't wear "matchie-matchie" clothes or "stretch pants." He's a baby, for crap sakes! And they are not stretch pants. They are sweats. I think he looks cute in it. But one day I had Boston in this outfit, and Mark watched him in the afternoon. When I came home, he had changed his outfit!
I love this little inquisitive face. Such a cute boy! Doesn't he looks so big now?

2 comments:

Pini said...

Holy funny! Mark, it does not surprise me you puked! Ha ha! Kristin, I love the outfit on Boston...I don't think it's girlie at all. And yes, Boston is so dang big now...but even more important, he is cuter every day!

The Morgan's said...

SO FREAKING FUNNY!!! I think I laughed as hard reading it again as I did when you told me in person! And Mark, I think you need solo diaper duty for awhile!