Monday, March 15, 2010

If You're Eating, I'm Eating! And Then Some...

The other day I was getting dinner ready, so I asked Mark to feed Boston while I was cooking. Mark tried, but Boston wasn't interested. So I had him bring Boston's exersaucer into the kitchen so Boston could hang out with mommy while I cooked. He played and did his own thing, and everything was great. When dinner was ready, Mark and I sat down to the table to eat. Boston gazed at us in awe. He stared at every bite we took (from his exersaucer). He had nothing to do with his toys. He just watched, mouth open, as we ate. We felt so bad we couldn't share with him - he obviously wanted it. So instead we broke out his baby food, which he had turned down not more than fifteen minutes previous. He went to TOWN!
I usually have him wear a bib, but how messy can he get without one, really? Turns out, pretty messy.

By this time, I just let him do whatever he wanted with his food. Yay for IKEA high chairs! He played in it quite a bit. I even let him have his bowl, just to see what he would do with it. Bad idea. He splashed it everywhere! Oh, well. At least he wasn't watching on in envy as we ate anymore.

So what happens when a baby eats a TON of food for dinner one night? The next morning he has the biggest monster blowout ever. For daddy. In the car. While mommy is interviewing for a job about an hour from home. Yep. I walk out from my interview to see Mark's head hanging out the car window, in the rain, like a dog! I get a little closer, and I swear Mark's face is green. He says in a soft, panicked voice, "Help." He looks seriously ill. I look inside the car to see the driver's seat reclined all the way back, a blanket covering the upholstery, and a naked baby laying on top, wallowing in a sea of orange poo. It was in his hair. It was in his ear. It was under his armpits. And Mark just says, "I didn't know what to do..." So I tell him to go for a little walk (and hand him some wet wipes and hand sanitizer). Apparently he is not skilled in the tuck-and-roll (AKA my method for getting a poo-saturated onesie off a baby without spreading it everywhere). So about ten minutes, fifty wipies, and one very poopy blanket later, we've got a clean baby and are ready to roll on out of there. Thank goodness for odor-eliminating dirty diaper baggies! And just FYI, you can roll a blanket tight enough to fit into one of those if you really want to!

5 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

what a great post to wake up to! love it!

Pini said...

I'll never tire of Marks "poo escapades"! Gotta love the head out the window image! ha ha!

Angie said...

Sounds like Mark needs a little more training, or at least more experience!

The Morgan's said...

This is hilarious! It totally tops the last poopy post story! I can't believe Mark is so squemish(sp) with baby poo! Oh well! It makes for some extremely funny reading!

Gifford6 said...

Wow Kris! You are nicer than me telling Brent to go for a little walk! I'd say "tag you're it! See ya in a lil' while til you get that all cleaned up!"