Friday, July 24, 2009

Baby Update Part III (sick of it yet?)

OK, so I totally chickened out on getting the external version done. It all started with a phone call from Mark's sister, Annie. She started reading all these statistics to Mark, including one which said you have a 13% risk of fetal death. That alone was enough to make me chicken out, but I was already kind of freaked out by it all, because Nikki told me how scary it was when she had it done with Mitchell. And I read that it had the least success rate with first pregnancies... and my doctor said I may have a decreased chance of success because I have a mis-shapen uterus (there's some personal info for ya!). Then one of the dental assistants at my school told me her sister had it done and the baby was born with a huge indentation in his head from where the doctor pushed on the baby's head. All that combined together made me stressed out enough to cancel the procedure. So now I have a new procedure schedule: August 6th is c-section time! So, we'll have Boston here August 6th (or earlier if he decides he wants out sooner)... Who knows, maybe he'll still turn, but that is HIGHLY unlikely. So, we're planning on August 6th for our little guy to be here!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that. Like I said, c-sections are not as bad as they sound. Plus, no labor! :) Good luck. He'll be here soon and it will be worth it!

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

YAY!!! 08/06/2009 is a GREAT B-DAY!! And who cares how it happens, Ms. Simkins, you are a MOMMY!!! what a blessing! make sure you get a priesthood blessing before you go. i did on each of mine. It is nice cause you know you are going in. YAY!!

Mandy Frehner said...

You know your body better than anyone! Trust yourself. Congrats on having a date. It makes it a little bit easier:)

Pini said...

So freaking excited to see the little man! Just so you know. :)