Thursday, July 16, 2009

Baby Update Part II

Well, I am glad I got to see my actual doctor today. Maybe there is something to be said for being an MD and not a DO... because according to the DO, it seemed like doing the external version (not aversion, like I previously wrote... oops) was a no go. But my doctor was not worried about my fluid levels at all. He said, first of all, your levels are not low, they are normal (the DO told me they were low). And second of all, amniotic fluid is dynamic and can change drastically, even from day to day. Lastly, I will be on an IV and get pumped full of fluids on the day of the procedure, which will drive up my amniotic fluid anyway. So no worries there. We are going ahead with the version next Thursday. So everyone please pray that this baby cooperates (since he has been such a stinker so far) and turns easily. I am really hoping to go natural if at all possible.

5 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

you can do it!

Jennifer L said...

Kristin, I hope all goes well and that they can turn the baby! Good luck with everything these next couple of weeks. I'll be thinking about you!

Pini said...

Well we'll be here if you need anything! Keep us posted...we'll keep baby Boston in our prayers and hope he cooperates! I am so excited for you guys!...BTW how was Harry Potter??

Cami said...

I totally hope little Boston cooperates! We will definately be sending some prayers your way. Stinkin' D.O.s!

Alicia said...

I hope everything works out! I had to have both my kids C-section and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The important thing is that Boston and you are healthy!