Thursday, January 15, 2009

California Love (cue song...)

Well, it has only been two weeks since our Christmas vacation ended, but that two weeks has felt like a lifetime. It is bittersweet being back in school. Sweet in that we are now in spring semester of our third year (after this semester only one more year to go); bitter in that we are missing everyone back west (not to mention warmer weather). We had such a great break and so much fun on our never ending road trip. Once we left Las Vegas, we took I-40 home through Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, and finally Indiana. We haven't posted since Texas, so we thought we should catch up with the few pictures we took the rest of our trip.
Our blog would not be complete without a few pictures of these cuties. We had such a great time visiting Nikki and John in California. We haven't spent much time with them since we moved out to Indy, so it was nice to be able to relax, visit, and play with the kids. The ironic thing is I was really looking forward to some decent Mexican food and a trip to in-n-out, and while we did get both in California... I quickly found that this was the last I would see of Mexican food and burgers, at least for the next several months. (I did try Fausto's later in Vegas, but that didn't work out too well. I tried three times, in fact. Well, actually, Ron did pray for me to be able to eat Fausto's before I left, and I did get to eat a few bites of meat-less nachos that time, so thanks, Ron, but I think that ends my quest for Mexican food).
It was great to finally meet baby James (Ha ha, Angie! Beat ya! You'll never get that little jibe anyway, because you never check my blog). He is such a little cutie and such a good baby. Mitchell is so cute with him - always trying to make him smile and laugh.



And this is Catherine (the little faker) pretending to cry because she had to go to bed and we were all still up chatting. She was cracking me up - she snuck into her parents room and spied on us the whole night. At one point I got up to get a drink, and she came out "crying" and saying her parents were mean because they were making her go to bed. So I told her she had to smile for a picture instead. She is so funny... look at that CHEESE!

We also got to spend some time with the Anderson's while out in Cali. They took us to Outback Steakhouse for dinner, and we got to catch up on the last few years. Kendra, Dave, and Cody got to join us, as well. It was great to see everyone and learn how everyone was doing. Here are Ken, Cody, and Dave posing for the camera.


And here are Kendra, Mark and Sue. We had such a good time with them all, and it was really nice to catch up. We were glad we decided to make the extra 16 hr round trip drive up to Cali (afterall, what's 16 hrs when it's already been 40?) since it was so nice to see everyone. Thanks, Nik, for letting us stay with you and putting up with our poochies...

4 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

What's another 21 hours up to Spokane? What? You serious! Glad you had a great trip! Next time we will figure out a way to see you!

Love!

Pini said...

Glad you are back! We missed you guys while you were gone. Welcome home! ps- I love the "new addition" to your blog...exciting!!!

Sara said...

You guys have been busy:) I'm so sad I missed you while you were here! You think we could get our butt in gear before 2pm, but in our house it's impossible! (I totally forgot you were in town or I would have got my butt in gear faster!) I'm so excited for you guys...How have you been feeling?

Nicole said...

Hey, there's finally pictures on here of my kids and it took me this long to see them. I haven't been the best blogger lately. Anyway, I didn't even get any photos of you and Mark while you were here. What's up with that?