Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Savannah's Room

Our computer broke a couple months back, so I have been unable to blog for awhile. I have lots to catch up on, so bear with me while I attempt the impossible. We have had our little girl's room ready for quite awhile, and we were quite pleased with the outcome. We wanted a very girly room, in contrast to Boston's Red Sox/Giants themed room. We fell in love with this crib set, and things just kind of went from there. Next I put together bedding for the queen bed, found little wall decals, made Savannah's name banner, and finally found these awesome lanterns. None of the decor technically went together, but I think it all compliments nicely.

Here's a close up of the crib. I absolutely loved this set the moment I saw it.

Here's the awesome lanterns I found (on sale!) at Pottery Barn Kids. One $10 light kit later, and we have overhead lighting that I absolutely love!

This I am particularly proud of. Nikki taught me how to make this banner. I did it all on my own. One of the hardest parts was deciding on which materials would go well with the room. I think I did a good job...

And here's the queen bed all ready for my long nights with Savannah. I always wanted to have a bed in Boston's room when he was a baby. I have only used this one time, and that was more for Mark's convenience than mine, on a night when Savannah was particularly vocal. I am wondering how much this will actually be used, since Savannah is actually a great sleeper. At least it looks cute!

Here's the changing table. It's so funny to me how decorations can make something so different. I cannot even recognize the nursery furniture in this room from when I had it for Boston. I thought it was such a cute "little boy baby" set then, and it seems like such a great "little girl baby" set now.
All in all, I am pretty happy with the way the room turned out. And it makes a great guest room with the queen bed in there (hint, hint...).

No comments: