Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

My mom flew out about a week before the baby was due (wishful thinking on my part) to make sure she was here for the delivery. Nikki and I had a variety of activities planned for Grandma and all the kiddos. I secretly wishes (actually sometimes not so secretly) that I wouldn't be around for the festivities (aka, that I would go into labor early), but no such luck. Ah, well... we had a great time with Grandma, nine months prego and all. One day we decided to go to Smith Family Farms to take the kids to the pumpkin patch. Here's Boston checking out a small display of pumpkins.


Here's Boston and Mitchell. I think Mitchell is posing for his mom's camera.
And here's Catherine. Funny, Nikki is taking a picture of Boston in the background, and I'm taking one of Cath.

And here's Grandma with all (well, minus one now) of the Brentwood grandkids.
Here's Bos and Jimmer riding in the wagon.

James is surfacing from the hay tunnels. Boston freaked me out and decided to linger inside and go out another exit. Nine months pregnant, I had a heart attack running to find him. Luckily, I had my mom, Nikki and her older kids there to help me keep track of him. Actually, he was pretty much condemned to the wagon after that. But I don't think he minded.
At the farm, they had a little Indian homestead, so Boston had fun checking out the wigwams (or, tunnels, as he calls anything that has an opening which you can pass through - he has a little bit of an obsession).

Here Boston is waiting for the hayride back from picking out his very own pumpkin. He was so cute wandering around the patch and trying to pick up all the small ones.

We all had a great time, and by the time we were done, I was so wiped out. I really thought I might go into labor, but of course, that never works.

No comments: