Monday, May 10, 2010

GRADUATION!

The day has finally arrived (and passed)... we graduated from dental school on May 8, 2010! I remember thinking 2010 was AGES away! I cannot believe it finally came! Mark's Mom, Dad, Annie and Brayden, and my Mom, Angie, Ryan, Brent and Catherine all flew out to be with us for the occasion. Ryan got to "hood" us, which was really neat. Mark and I started the tradition this year for IU in having family member hooders. It was really cool to have Ryan up there with us, rather than just faculty members. It was a LONG ceremony (assisting students and hygiene students graduated along with the 100+ dental students), but we can now call ourselves "Doctor." Here are some pictures taken throughout the ceremony, thanks to Annie. I can't believe Mark and I forgot our stinking camera!
Here's Boston chillaxin' with my mom during the ceremony. Apparently, my mom and Angie kept him quiet throughout the entire two hour hoopla by feeding him Ritz crackers. What a cutie!
Here we are after the ceremony with our "diplomas," AKA empty cardboard tubes for "show" which will soon be replaced with our diplomas.
And here's the three stooges! Me, Mark, and Ryan Pini... it seems SOOOO long ago that the three of us used to stay up all hours of the night at our house studying for bi-weekly exams back in first year! Holy crap! It's finally over!
And here's Mark with his proud parents! Yea for Drs. Simkins! But Mark still has three more years for perio... haha, glad it's not me!

2 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Oh wow! congrats! cute baby and great doctor parents! wish we could've been there! Miss you!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Congrats! It was fun to find you...