Sunday, January 10, 2010

FIVE MONTHS OLD

I cannot believe my baby is five months old! The time is just flying by WAY too quickly. I took him into the doctor about a week ago, (he ended up having a sinus infection, nothing contagious) and he weighed in at 19 lb! I can't believe he is so BIG! There was a new medical assistant there who just went nuts over him (who wouldn't?). We have had to get out, yet again, more of his bigger clothes the past couple days. He just transitioned over to Carter's 9 months onesies, Gerber 12 month onesies, and most of his clothes are 6-9 or 6-12 months. So big! He is the cutest dang thing in the world, if I do say so myself. And here's proof: He is such a joy to be around everyday. I relish every second I have with him! Here's what Boston has been up to lately:
1. He still loves his little play gym, but now he really gets going on it! He grabs the toys and shakes them with such force that the whole gym moves back and forth. At the same time he has his little legs kicking a hundred miles an hour. It scares the crap out of Daisy! She won't go by him when he really gets going!
2. Where he used to give me "open mouth" kisses, he now sticks his tongue out every time I go to kiss him! He has learned to mimic me when I stick my tongue out at him, and he just loves it!
3. His talking and coo-ing has turned very LOUD. Now he just babbles to himself, in a very loud and low voice, as he plays. He even tends to do this as he is being rocked to sleep - he'll turn into me and start babbling loudly as he lets his eyes shut. It's so loud that I had to take him out of church for doing it!
4. He is eating solid foods fairly well now. I have discovered that he likes things to be the consistency of mashed potatoes. Actually, he would just eat mashed potatoes all day if I would let him. But if I mix his oatmeal or rice cereal to that consistency, he does well with it. I think it is for this same reason that his favorite vegetable is peas. They are a lot thicker than the other baby veggies.
It is so hard to be away from him each day, but it is nice to know I am leaving him with someone I trust and someone who enjoys taking care of him (thanks, Jessica). He has come up with a pretty nice schedule, though, since we came back from Vegas. He now goes to sleep around 11pm, pretty much sleeps for Jessica most of the morning, then I pick him up for lunch, bring him back an hour or two later, and he takes another afternoon nap. I really hope this continues, because then he is pretty much awake the entire time I have him, which I love! And I think it makes it nice for Jessica, too. I just love this kid so much! I am really praying that I can find a job that lets me stay at him with him a little more. I would love nothing more than to just be a mommy right now, and nothing else!

4 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Yay!!! he is so cute! Happy to see you guys are doing so good. I can't believe he is 5 months old!

Miss you!

Pini said...

You're so right! Who wouldn't go nuts for him!?!
I too hope you can find a job that will let you be home with him as much as possible. There is nothing like being a mommy! And you're such a great one!

Angie said...

He is so cute! I miss him.

The Gifford Five said...

He is pretty dang cute!