Monday, January 25, 2010

Scissors and Insomnia

I got my hair cut Saturday... but it didn't look like this. Saturday night, I got two hours sleep.
I'm getting ready for church early Sunday morning, and I decide the "side bangs" my stylist cut aren't short enough. They are almost as long as my hair, so what's the point? So I take matters (or scissors) into my own hands. I grab the hunk of side bangs, and I cut. Only, I cut the wrong angle. So now they're longer in the middle than the sides. That just won't do, I think. So I "fix" it. Only, now they are so short that they just stick straight out. Not to mention that even if I can get them to lay flat, there's just this random hunk of about an inch wide of very short hair. That won't do either, and I'm late for church. Mark comes in and looks like he is going to crap a brick. Yup, it's that bad. So I do a little twistie in the front of my hair, secure it with, like, five bobbie pins, and pray it will hold. I'll figure it out after church.
At church, people tell me my hair looks cute, and I want to cry, cuz I know the truth.
I get into the car on the way home from church and undo the bobbie pins. Oh, no! It's worse than I thought. It looks about an inch long. Crap! There's no coming back from that. I pray it just looks that bad because it's been all rolled up in the bobbie pins.
I get home and get my hair all wet, willing it to grow... OK, now that it's wet, it just grazes my eyebrows. Maybe I can work with that... So I cut full on bangs. I get them all blown dry, and they are super short and won't lay flat. Crap. So I get them wet again, slather them with mousse, gel, wax, you name it. I guess I can live with the result (above) until they get a little longer. If anyone at school asks, though, it was very much intentional. I just needed a change. Change I got.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I think they look cute!

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

girl, you look like you are going to start crying in the pic... pop some folic acid the next few days and they will grow out major.... and tell Mark to contain the bowels. They look cute. The red does too. Boston looks like what the heck? hahaha. I've been there... stick it out! Miss you...

Pini said...

You looked so cute on sunday. I liked the little twisty thing. I don't think they look bad at all. You look good no matter what!

The Morgan's said...

Kristin, you're too funny! I think you great!

Heidi said...

Isn't that the look now anyway? You look super cute!

By the way... I love your mom! She is the best:-)

The Gifford Five said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! You never cut your own bangs! You do look really cute with full on bangs though, and you should keep that look even after they grow out a little. Funny!