Monday, February 8, 2010

Six Month Well Check

Boston turned six months old on Feb 6, and today we had his well check. He weighed in at exactly 20 lbs (80th percentile), he is 27.5 in tall (75th percentile), and his head circumference is 18.25 in (97th percentile). So he's just a big guy all around. He got his shots today and showed us (and the medical assistant) just how strong his lungs are. I've never seen him cry like that. It was so sad. Real tears and everything. Luckily he won't need vaccines again until he's two. Glad to be done with that for awhile. One funny thing is, we always get a handout on what your child should be doing at this age. Today it said that putting him to sleep with a stuffed animal or favorite blankie can help settle him and make bedtime easier. We were always so worried to have anything with him in the crib, because until now they say any loose anything in the crib can suffocate him. But with the go ahead, we decided to let him take a nap with his little mallard duck that Vickie got him and his extra soft blankie from Jena. He went right to sleep without protest, and when we checked on him he was asleep with the duck right up by his face. So stinking cute! So once again, for bedtime tonight, I put him in with his blankie and duck. He was very excited when I handed him the duck after I laid him down. He immediately grabbed it from me and started sucking on it. A few minutes later I went back in to find him asleep right up next to his duck again. He's getting so big!

(And yes, that is him asleep for the night in his pack and play. Mark and I - or maybe just I - still cannot bear to have him in his own room. I just feel secure knowing he's right there, and all I need to do is lean over to really check on him. Or maybe I just want him to stay a tiny little baby. Either way, our little guy still bunks with us.)

1 comment:

vegascg said...

He's your first! That's what we did with Jake! Then poor Chandler, Alyssa and Addyson never saw our bed!