Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I LOVE A GOOD MOVIE



My friend Bonnie had a tribute to her five fav's, and I thought it might be fun to see what everyone else's top 5 favorite movies are. Here are mine:

1. Pride and Prejudice (the A&E six video or two DVD version - about 5 hours and pretty much Jane Austen word for word, with Colin Firth, thank-you-very-much).

2. Sabrina, the "new" one with Harrison Ford and Julia Ormond (the old one with Audrey Hepburn is also classic, as well as everything else she has been in).

3. French Kiss, with Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline. Or maybe I should have put this second. I don't know why, but I have always loved it.

4. Same thing with Only You, Robert Downey Jr. and Marisa Tomei. Always loved it.

5. So I Married an Axe Murderer. An "original" Mike Myers. Enough said.

And a few that deserve a shout out:

Under the Tuscan Sun, Diane Lane and Sandra Oh.
Anything Audrey Hepburn.
Anything Harry Potter.


OK, I HAD to add this...

I asked Mark if he could tell me what my five favorite movies are. He said, "Friends disc one, Friends disc two, Friends disc three..." He bought me the series two Christmases ago, and that theme song resonates from our house almost daily (I usually listen/watch while I clean). So I guess that's his way of saying, "Yes, I am sick of Friends..." Just for the record, though, he was able to tell me my 5 favorite movies with very little prompting.

No comments: