Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011

This Easter was so much fun for us. We didn't think Boston would actually get into the whole egg hunt thing, but he totally did! We had Easter dinner at Nikki and John's, and afterward Mark and I hid 80 or so eggs for the four kiddos in the backyard. We made a few of them very obvious (right there in the grass), thinking that Boston wouldn't get the whole "hunt" for eggs business. Boy were we wrong! He did pick up all the eggs from the grass (see below)... He just kept piling them in and running from one egg to the next! Too cute!






But he not only got the ones from the grass, he actually found eggs! This picture was taken right after he found one hidden at the corner of the house... and as he was picking it up, he noticed another in the mulch. Can you see the "I spy" in his eyes?! So cute!






Here he found two eggs beneath this plant. I was such a proud mama! I couldn't believe my baby was actually LOOKING for eggs!



The hunt was dang cute while it lasted, but I must say it didn't last too long after he cracked open the first egg and realized it was packed with candy. He spent the next several minutes opening one egg after the other, and shoving candy into his mouth as quick as he could. I'm probably a bad mom and let him eat too much, but it was so cute to watch!




And here's all the kids (plus John) parading their stash of candy... And then there's Boston sneaking a taste from Catherine's basket too! It was so much fun, and I am so glad Boston was big enough this year to enjoy it!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: