Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Holy Bloomin' Grass, Batman!

In case anyone was wondering what grass looks like in an Indiana summer when you don't mow it for a week and a half, here you go... When we got back from Vegas on Sunday, we came back to a forrest. It took Mark a couple hours to mow the front and back, and he now has blisters on his hands. Here's a view of the half-cut lawn, and the cut side is all full of grass clippings. Not sure what to do with those (there's too many to rake up and throw out), so we'll just see what happens...

Check out this view of the lawn mower. The entire motor part was almost completely covered with grass. I blocked the dogs out of their dog door in fear that if they got in the backyard, they would disappear into the grass and could get mowed over. These are the sickening thoughts I have in my head and why I am doomed to be freaking out every day once this baby gets here...

2 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Yay! You guys are back! How was it? My present was backordered so I have it coming to your house... let me know when it FINALLY gets there. Nice grass. Holy crap, it grows fast!

Miss ya!

Unknown said...

HOLY COW, What a mess! It's been too long since I've checked out your blog. I LOVE your Harry Potter pics. So glad you had fun. PLUS, I noticed Taylor Swift made your playlist !!! Anything you want tell us Kristin (Vickie's was right, TS ROCKS...)?